Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Simple Thing



I always loved screened in porches. They are evocative of a summers and lazy evenings and slower pace of life. Shortly after we moved into our new house I spent some time relaxing on the covered patio off the dining room. Sadly it was shortened by pesky flies and that’s when the idea of screening the patio started to take root. There were so many other projects that took precedence so I didn’t mention my vision of a screened patio to Tom until this spring. Right away he was on board and a few months later the job was done.



Worth every penny! We love it more than we had imagined we would. First thing in the morning I open the sliding doors and sounds of waking birds are the happy sound to my ears. Often I take my breakfast out there and just soak up all the sounds and feels of summer. We enjoy watching the birds, the growth of the farmer’s garden and the comings and goings of neighbors.  Out here, I feel rich beyone measure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment