Tuesday, August 12, 2014

New


We all love new things, babies, cars and Sago Palm fronds?  Yes, it's not really something that happens often and I suppose that's why it's so amazing. Being new to photography it's a challenge to capture something so tiny and detailed and it took me several tries to make it work. I adore how the tiny leaves have curled up tight like itty-bitty fiddlehead ferns.


The whole plant is only about ten inches all and this frond is about eight inchs. That's a lot of drama on the small scale.


These two were taken with my iPhone and the Olio Clip lens, a macro lens that snaps on the iPhone and the details can be amazing. Like little green cinnamon rolls, the leaves unfurl slowly. When is perfect for me, I'm not fast with the camera, or most of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment